Effective date: 15 Feb 2021
This page is dedicated to informing our clients, users, and visitors about our policies for the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data belonging to the persons using our Service. Four Dots uses your data to provide and improve its services. By using our Service, our clients agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Owner and Data Controller
Digital marketing agency: FOUR DOTS AUSTRALIA PTY LTD, Level 26, 44 Market Street, SYDNEY NSW 2000
Owner contact email: [email protected]
Service is the https://fourdots.com.au/ website operated by Four Dots DOO.
Personal Data refers to the information about a living individual who can be identified from those pieces of data or from other information that is in our possession or is likely to come into our possession.
Usage Data is automatically collected data that is generated by the user when they are using our Service or our Service infrastructure itself (for example, time spent on a page).
Cookies refer to the small pieces of data stored on a visitor’s device (desktop computer, laptop, mobile device, tablet, etc) that tracks the user behaviour and activity.
Data Processors (or Service Providers) refers to any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. Four Dots may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject (or User) refers to any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
Four Dots collects several different data types in order to provide and improve our Service to you, our user.
Types of Data Collected
If you use our Service, Four Dots may ask you to provide certain personally identifiable data (“Personal Data”) that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable data may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City Cookies and Usage Data
Four Dots may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. Users can always choose not to receive this type of content and/or communication pieces and can do so by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in the emails we send to them.
We may also collect information regarding how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This type of diagnostic data may include, but is not limited to, the following information:
- your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address)
- browser type
- browser version
- the Service pages that you visit
- the time and date of your visit
- the time spent on those pages
- unique device identifiers
Four Dots may use and store the data about user location (“Location Data”), only if the user gives us permission to do so. Location Data is used to provide features of our Service, as well as to improve and customize our Service. Users can use their device settings to enable or disable location services when they are using our Service.
Cookie Data & Tracking
Cookies are small files of letters and numbers that are – if you agree – stored within a user’s browser or on their device’s hard drive. These files hold information that is transferred to your device’s hard drive and are used to track user behaviour so we can more easily improve our Service, UX, advertising campaigns, etc.
Four Dots uses the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies – These are required for the basic operational processes of our platform. An example of these files includes session cookies that enable users to log into secure areas of our platform, or simply to browse our site as intended.
- Analytical/performance cookies – These enable us to identify the number of visitors and see how visitors navigate and move around our platform when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our platform works, for example, by ensuring that users are easily finding what they are looking for.
- Functionality cookies – These are used to recognise you when a visitor returns to our platform. This practice enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our platform.
Except for the necessary ones, all cookies expire after 1 year.
Use of Data
Four Dots uses the collected data for various purposes, including:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify our clients and visitors about changes to our Service
- To allow users to participate in interactive features of our Service when they choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analytical data in order to improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent, address and solve technical issues
- To provide our clients and users with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events offer by Four Dots. These offers are similar to those that our clients have already purchased or enquired about.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Four Dots may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to create a contract with you
- You gave us permission to process your data
- Data processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- We need to comply with the adequate law
Retention of Data
We will also retain Usage Data for purposes of internal analysis. Typically, Usage Data is retained for shorter timeframes, unless:
- this type of data is used to strengthen security
- this type of data is used to improve the functionality of our Service
- we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer timeframes
Transfer of Data
Your information – that includes your Personal Data – may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside your state, country, province, or other governmental jurisdiction where data protection laws may be different from those from your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Data
Four Dots may disclose your Personal Data if such action is necessary to:
- comply with a legal obligation
- protect and defend the rights or property of Four Dots
- prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- protect the personal safety of Service users or the public
- protect against legal liability
Security of Data
Four Dots deems data security and protection as critical. However, it is important to state no Internet-based data transmission or storage method is 100% secure. Four Dots uses commercially acceptable means of protecting your Personal Data, but we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Residents of the European Economic Area (EEA) have specific data protection rights. Four Dots takes reasonable steps allowing these users to correct, modify, delete, or limit the use of their Personal Data.
Please contact us if you want to be removed from our systems or in case you want to learn about what Personal Data our agency holds about you.
In certain circumstances, our users have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information Four Dots has on them. Whenever made possible, the user can access, update or request deletion of their Personal Data. This can be done within their account settings section. If they are unable to perform these actions themselves, we advise them to contact us for assistance.
- The right of rectification. Our users have the right to have their information rectified should they realize that certain information pieces are inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. Our users can object to the way we process their Personal Data.
- The right to restrict. Our users can request that we restrict the processing of their Personal Data.
- The data portability right. Our uses can request to be provided with a copy of the data our agency has on them in a structured, machine-readable, and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. Our users can withdraw their consent at any time where Four Dots relied on their consent to process their personal data. Four Dots may ask their users to verify their identity before responding to such requests.
Four Dots users also have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of their Personal Data. For more information, we suggest you contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Four Dots may employ third-party companies and individuals in order to:
- help us facilitate and perform our Service (“Service Providers”)
- provide the Service on the behalf of our company
- help us facilitate and perform Service-related services
- Help us analyse how our Service is used
These third-party entities may have access to your Personal Data only to perform the aforementioned actions and tasks on the behalf of Four Dots and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
Behavioral Retargeting (Remarketing)
Four Dots uses remarketing services to advertise on third-party websites after a visitor visited our Service. Our agency and our third-party vendors utilize cookies to inform, optimize and serve ads based on the user’s past visits to our Service.
Google Ads is an online advertising platform developed by Google. Users can choose not to share their activity with Google Analytics for the purposes of Display Advertising and can customize the Google Display Network ads. This can be done here. Users can install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for their web browser (available here) through which they can prevent their information from being collected and used by Google Analytics. More information on Google’s privacy practices available here.
Twitter remarketing service is provided by Twitter Inc. Users can opt-out from and control Twitter’s personalised ads by following the instructions provided in this article. More information about Twitter’s privacy policies and practices available here.
Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc. Users can opt-out from and control Facebook’s personalised ads by following the instructions provided here. Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. Users can opt out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada, or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe, or through changing their mobile device settings.
More information on Facebook’s data policies available here.
Links to Other Sites
Four Dots’ Service may contain links to third-party websites that are not operated by Four Dots. Visitors that click these links will be directed to third-party websites, so it is recommended that you closely review the Privacy Policies belonging to those sites. Four Dots doesn’t have control over third-party websites and assumes no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices belonging to third-party websites or services.
Four Dots’ Service does not address persons under the age of 18 (“Children”). Our agency doesn’t knowingly collect or process personally identifiable information belonging to anyone under the age of 18. Parents or guardians who are aware that their child has provided our agency with Personal Data should contact our team. Should we become aware that our company has collected a child’s Personal Data without the verification of parental consent, Four Dots will take all the necessary steps to remove that data from our servers.